Pass the word

@Troymission

Tuesday

No means No (Vallarta)

-
You need a tour guide for gay bar-hopping in Puerto Vallarta like you need Desperate Housewives to confirm your sexuality; if you just love the show, then - surprise, surprise - it’s little wonder why. Gay bars are all over Viejo Vallarta (Old Vallarta aka Historic area). Spit and its likely the saliva will land beneath a fag flag. Yet some enterprising pup has started a bar-hopping venture (if you market gay toothpaste “proud” morons will buy it) and I hope it fails. Why? Because he got me fired.   
I nearly snatched the camera from him and shouted, No means no, asshole!


No is Greek in Mexico. Mexicans seem to have never heard the word before. So when the fellow came into the dimly lighted strip bar where I was working the pole and asked for a picture he didn’t seriously regard my “No pictures please” and snapped the shot anyway. And laughed. As he persisted in trying to take more pictures I nearly snatched the camera from him and shouted, No means no, asshole! Then the faggot flips. Mexican queen. Oh how the he-she went on about being a friend of the owner, fat Peter Deep (impossibly real name) and having license to take my pictures as he pleased. What you name, what you name!, he kept chirping. Me llamo Fuck You. So he cried and ranted into his iphone about "el pinche negro" (fucking nigger) and the following afternoon I got the text msg that I was out of a job.

Who takes pictures in a strip bar (sauna/locker room/brothel/cruising area/bathroom/make-out spot/cinema, etc.)?! Rude and uneducated jerks, that's who. It’s called r-e-s-p-e-c-t. Some peoples have no education…no matter how much they bellyache about being “Americans”. (Reality check to Latin American nations: Mexico is NOT America or Canada. Mexico is all Mexico.) 

The customer who was under my 9” spell at the time of candid camera queen inched his way back to the stage and said, “Good for you Troy for standing up for yourself.” He even went to bat for me with the bar manager (to no avail). Minutes before the disruption said customer had asked me if I was having fun? Can’t say that I get that question often but I remembered smiling and answering in the affirmative, “Yes. I love my life. I like doing this.” And I do. And then came the tip. And then came the little bitch to spoil the fun and got me fired.

Who takes pictures in a strip bar?! Some peoples have no education...
So fuck Gay Vallarta Bar-Hopping or, as I like to say, No! You can find the fags on Facebook.

Bartourvallarta@hotmail.com


5 comments:

  1. so sad way some people are in this world, if i had took pic of you and you said no i would fully respect that, dont know why people can be so ignorant, find it weird though you get told to buzz off and told not to come back and YET it was the picture taker causing issues! ... i personally wouldnt go back to the bar in question even if they offered you the job back ... glad you did not hit the pic taker but some do need a good slap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Troy, man...you have to calm down. It's not that serious. What difference does it make if some queen snaps a few pics of you, you're naked all over the Internet? Don't get fired over bullshit, it happens to me all the time, I know of what I speak...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot speak for YOUR standards of respect. You've done a good job of that yourself; and we all know of what I speak....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shiiiiid, I don't. What are you talking about? My name? I don't know you, all I'm saying is from reading your blog it appears you have a tendency to overreact and be combative. We have an expression here in the south, "you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar". That means you get what you want out of life more quickly by being nice. Fighting, yelling and cursing people out should be used as a last resort. I'm naturally a short tempered asshole and that's a lesson I had to learn the hard way. I'm not judging you or trying to preach to you, I'm in no position to do so. I'm just saying don't sweat the small stuff, life is too short, but hey, do you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10/15/2011

    That was unfortunate. They should have cleared any pictures ahead of time and been clear about their expectations. If they didn't, then the bar owner should have stopped his friend for taking pictures and apologized. Very uncool.

    ReplyDelete

All comments/fan letters are moderated prior to publication. If you'd like to write me without posting, please specify so. Thanks for reading Bi-Lateral Troymission.

sexy Troy