Pass the word

@Troymission

Sunday

U.S. Directory is BOGUS SHIT telemarketing scam

-

You're gonna love this. After I paid for an ad on over-priced Men4rentnow I get an early morning call from some company billing itself as US Directory. She called me by my profile name - which was a totally made up one - so I thought it was a $$ call either in relation to M4RN or one of the model castings I applied to. Didn't take long to detect her accent (something islandy or Asiany) or realize she was reading a script...kept repeating I would be listed as a "lee-gita-mint business, ok?" "lee-gita-mint service provider. ok?" Then she asked for money. Oh?

Emailed M4RN about this affiliation and they emailed back, Negative. Whew, so I dodged that scam. From then on I ignored all 800/866 incoming calls. 
 you don't want to be a slut anymore?
Days later I see 1-888-217-5736 on the caller I.D. I answer it, hoping it would be about the pre-paid debit card I bought (btw, AVOID netSPEND debit cards!) Nope, it's not netSpend. It's Selena "Lee-gita-mint" Fuentes again. I wasn't going to stay on the line 10 minutes like before...was going to nip this one in the bud. Naturally she wouldn't accept no for an answer. Hey, I understand telemarketing is a shitty job so I try not to be rude. I tell her a listing is useless because I'm finish with this line of work and won't be using any more ads. Then homegirl goes:

"What, you don't want to be a slut anymore?"
No more parsing of words with legitimate service providers and other asinine euphemisms, I see.
"That's right," I answer undaunted. "There's no money in it. No money! Have to find a job...another line of work."  
"But--"
"Sorry but I won't be needing this listing or any other. I'm quitting this."
"You know what, Troy?"
"What?"
"You're a goddamn --"
CLICK.

Hung up on her ass and laughed my ass off! Homegirl was hot piiiiiiissed at not getting my money. Hahahahaha.

Here is the email she got around to sending me:

Greetings!
  This is Selena Fuentes, the one who called you from us directory.com We just want to make sure that you will have the fair share of the online market. As most people nowadays are going online to find the services that they need. So, a PREFERRED LISTING will enable you to gather more customers for your business.
The PREFERRED LISTING PACKAGE gives you :
* FEATURED PREMIUM PLACEMENT in our directory, prioritizing and highlighting your business with a yellow color, for the business to stand out. Also this will ensure that you will be seen in the first page of the search results and you'll be placed ahead and on top of all of your local competitors.
* MAXIMUM EXPOSURE ONLINE.
We will be entitling you to have 6 SPECIFIC MAJOR CATEGORIES ( rather than just one ) and UNLIMITED KEYWORD. So there would be no chance for you to be missed out by this clients looking for your type of business.
* LISTINGS IN TOP SEARCH ENGINES and DIRECTORIES.
Your business appears in AOL®, MSN®, Google™ Local and Yahoo!® Local listings, top directories like
SuperPages®, Citisearch®, Local.com and Switchboard®, search results from Google and Yahoo! ad campaigns, and
additional partner sites.
* 5 PAGE FULLY CUZTOMIZABLE WEBSITE.
Don't have a website? No problem. We'll help you create a website that's designed to
convert leads into customers at no extra cost....
The Preferred listing package is only $5 per mos. and only $0.25 per reference
US directory alone receives over HALF A MILLION impressions on activated sponsored listings every month.
Here's the link to our secured website, go to http://www.usdirectory.com/VS5r  [http://www.usdirectory.com/VS5r]
Selena Fuentes is one pissed-off bitch

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments/fan letters are moderated prior to publication. If you'd like to write me without posting, please specify so. Thanks for reading Bi-Lateral Troymission.

sexy Troy